artoo is a technology-enabled art market platform that will democratise the art market, just as the printing press transformed the book publishing industry in the 15th century and the phonograph revolutionised the music publishing in the late 19th century.
artoo’s vision is simple – fill your life with art
artoo is on a mission to reinvent the art market for the digital age and to drive its growth through making art more accessible, affordable and profitable by offering an alternative way the people discover, purchase, enjoy and sell the art.
The traditional art market inconspicuously deprives humanity of experiencing authentic art by constricting accessibility and affordability of artworks.
artist and gallerist
sadly, over 90% of artists are surviving through side jobs and eventually, by the age of 35, decide to stop their career as artists
four out of five new contemporary galleries fail within 5 years
less than 6% of the population buys overpriced artworks
the remaining 94% don’t enjoy authentic art in their homes
art lovers are frustrated by narrow access to the market, high costs of ownership and limited flexibility
the traditional art market is not able to facilitate digitalised artwork commercialisation.
- existing digitalised artwork platforms offer sub-optimal veracity to the original artwork, and don’t enable art collectors and art investors to trade digitalised artworks.
In structural terms, excluding the art market function, artoo is like iPod/iTunes for the art world.
artoo operates a two-sided market enabling art suppliers to provide effortless access for art lovers to explore and enjoy digitalised artworks on platform-specific displays, which are ensuring the unsurpassable perceptual veracity to the original artwork in changing lighting conditions.
the artwork supplier offers a limited edition of digitalised artwork on the artoo platform in return for publishing royalties and/or sale proceedings.
artoo creates the digitalised artwork content, publishes the digital edition, and manages the primary, secondary and tertiary art market platform in return for publishing fee and sale fee.
the consumer rents or buys the digitalised artwork content and projects it on the electronic canvas in their own space, or buys the digitalised artwork edition to further commercialise on the platform as an artwork supplier.
The potent combination of a unique electronic device, environmentally-adaptive high veracity digital artwork content, and an efficient online market platform, with strong IP protection will quickly expand the contemporary art market and position artoo within a crystal blue ocean.
What others are doing in this space and how does artoo’s offer fits within this landscape?
Traditional Art Market
- Strength: signals sophistication, provides sense of ownership
- Weakness: communicates only with 6% of the population, perceived as an elitist and non welcoming world by the rest of the population.
effectively address the lower middle art market consumers who would prefer flexibility, affordability, and accessibility over social signaling.
- appeal to a younger, less technologically adverse audience who are bordering both sides of the art mid/mass market
- capture new art consumers, from the vast 96% of the population who are currently don’t enjoy authentic art in their homes.
- Strength: affordable, accessible large art repository.
- Weakness: targets art mass market, manual canvas rotation, non-exclusive content that can’t be traded, sub-optimal perceptual veracity to the original artwork
leveraging superior IP protected offer artoo can:
take and retain a significant part of Netgear’s market
prevent Netgear from addressing the middle art market
prevent Netgear from offering art market functions (secondary and tertiary market)
- Strength: strong brand and distribution ability
- Weakness: expensive smartTV with the art app, can’t resemble the picture on the wall, non-rotational, no market function, content environmental adaptation automated through the TV brightness, contrast ..)
leveraging superior IP protected offer artoo can:
- take and retain a significant part of Samsung’s market
- prevent Samsung from addressing the middle art market
- prevent Samsung from offering art market functions (primary, secondary and tertiary market)
- Strength: larger auto-rotating canvas, unparalleled veracity to the original artwork, opportunity to trade on the art market
- Weakness: new brand, unfamiliar product and offer
- build an authentic brand
- expand the existing art market and dominate the expanded space
- expand participation in art world and significantly better the artist earning capacity.
artoo is not the first to offer a “digital canvas” to the world. In the last five years, a few businesses entered this market with various successes.
However, artoo has multiple significant and sustainable competitive advantages, which will ensure artoo’s dominance in the market for a substantial time.
- TrueHues™ technology for creation and presentation of the environmentally adaptive digitalised artwork content that provides unmatched perceptual veracity to the original artwork under the changing light conditions and ensures the artwork non-copyability.
- artooCloud™ global art market platform providing on-demand access to digitalised artworks to rent, purchase or sell on primary, secondary and tertiary market.
- artooCanvas™ a desirable electronic canvas that auto-rotates to adjust its orientation in accordance with the projected artwork orientation.
First to Market
artoo is the first, and due to the strong IP protection will remain the only, “digital canvas” platform that offers
- unsurpassable perceptional veracity to the original artwork under the changing lighting conditions
- the primary, secondary and tertiary digitalised artwork market platform, enabling a further opportunity for artwork commercialisation to the artist, art collectors, and art investors
- auto-rotating canvas
artoo’s strong IP portfolio provides strong protection of artoo’s market enabling the unrushed creation of a global brand.
TrueHues™ – international patent accepted; Australian Patent granted, other national applications in progress.
artooCloud™ – provisional patent; international patent application in progress
artooCanvas™ – international patent accepted; national applications in progress
trademarks and domain registrations – completed or in progress
artoo will compete in the global art market (>70 billion) but more importantly, it will create and dominate a new market for its offerings (>10 billion).
The Beached Market
artoo will launch in the Australian Market planning to control 3.5% of the market in 5 years after the product launch.
Australia – total addressable market
Australia – serviceable addressable market
Australia -serviceable obtainable market
(10% of SAM in 5 years)
gross income margin
net profit margin
IRR @ 22% discount rate (CAPM)
subscription + artwork rent
get in touch
if artoo’s vision resonates with you and you would like to learn more about the business